If you are in immediate danger always call 999 or 101 in a non-emergency or you can attend a police station in person to report an incident. 

Find information on all the UK police websites through the UK Police Service Portal at or report a crime via the confidential online form.

Silent Solution system:

If you’re in an emergency situation and need police help, but are scared to make a noise, or can’t speak. The Silent Solution System enables a 999 mobile caller – to inform police you have a genuine emergency. Information and guidance can be found by clicking here:

General/Mental Health, Other Help & Support Organisations:

Organisation                                                                             Website                                                        Email                                                            Telephone

Samaritans (free 24 hours helpline)                                                                                        08457 90 90 90

Rethink Mental Illness                                                                                                                        0121 522 7007

The National Personality Disorder Website          

BPD World (personality disorders/info & support)   

Harmless (self harm/info & support)                                                       

Anorexia Bulimia Care                                                       0300 0111 213 

NACOA (children of alcoholics)                                                                                               0800 358 3456

Co-Dependents Anonymous (CoDA) UK                   

PTSD UK (PTSD info & support)                                    

FPP (dissociative survivors/info/support)                            

PODS (dissociative survivors/info & support)                                                        0800 181 4420 

National Centre for High Sensitivity (HSPs)           

Stand Alone (adults estranged from family)                                 

Lifecoach Directory (accred/coaches/NLP/practitioners)

EMCC UK (Life coaching/professional body)               

ANLP (NLP/professional body)                                      


Domestic Violence/Abuse, Other Help & Support Organisations:

Organisation                                                                             Website                                                       Email                                                             Telephone

NAPAC (childhood abuse)                                                                                                                                                          080 8801 0331

NCPCC (children at risk)                                                                                                                  0808 800 5000

Respond                                                                                                                                0808 808 0700

Action on Elder Abuse (elder abuse)                                                              080 8808 8141

Mankind Initiative (male victims of domestic abuse)                                                   01823 33 4244

Men’s Advice Line (male victims of domestic abuse)                               0808 801 0327

National Domestic Violence Helpline                                                                                     0808 200 0247

Cedar (catholics experiencing domestic abuse)                                     

Karma Nirvana (honour based abuse/forced marriage)                                     0800 5999 247

National Stalking Helpline                                                                                                                                             0808 802 0300 

Stop Online Abuse                                                        

Get Safe Online (online safety)                                        

Revenge porn (helpline)                                                          0345 6000 459

Refuge                                                                                                                                        0808 200 0247

Shelter (homeless due to abuse)                                                                                               020 3299 6900

Galop (LGBT domestic violence helpline)                                                                                       0800 999 5428

Crisis (single homeless)                                                                                                            0300 636 1967

Respect (help for domestic violence perpetrators)                                0845 112 8609

DVIP (domestic Violence Intervention Project)                                                                                             020 7633 9181

Victim Support (people affected by crime)                                                                                                              0808 168 9111


Legal Advice, Separation, Divorce/Child Contact, Other Help & Support Organisations:

Organisation                                                                             Website                                                        Email                                                            Telephone

Resolution (solicitors, mediators, specialist/advisors)                     

Legal aid                                                                           

Law Centres Network (free legal advice)                  

Community Legal Advice (free legal advice)            

CAB - Citizens Advice Bureau (specialist advisors)  

Advicenow (family difficulties/info & support)          

Turn2us (financial help)                                                 

Family law panel                                                            

National Family Mediation                                                                                                                                                         0300 4000 636

Cafcass (children/family court advisory support)                                         

Family Lives (all aspects of family life)                                                                                                                            0808 8002 222

The Centre for Separated Families                             

Divorce Aid (divorce info & advice)                              

Sorting Out Separation (online help & support)     

Single Parents (separation and/or divorce)                

Match (mothers apart from their children)                                                  0800 689 4104 

Only Mums (single mothers)                                        

Only Dads (single fathers)                                             

Family need Fathers                                                                                                                                                                       0300 030 0363

Gingerbread (lone parents & their children)                                                                                                               0808 802 0925

The Link Group (pet fostering/domestic abuse)                     

More Sources of Information:

The Home Office - The official Home Office site with links to the government's latest statistics and initiatives for domestic violence and abuse.

Domestic violence and abuse

CPS - The Crown Prosecution Service


Coercive control and the law



By providing these links The Echo Society are not necessarily endorsing any external organisations, their websites information/advice/products and/or support services they provide.