EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Event Terms and Conditions for Registration, Fees, Refunds, Complaints and Cancellations for support groups/social groups, workshops, conferences and seminars.
Event: Refers to an event offered by The Echo Society including support groups/social groups, workshops, conferences and seminars.
Event duration: The duration of an event, the dates of which shall be notified to the participant by The Echo Society.
Participant: A person intending to register or attend a event, support group/social group, workshop, conference or seminar organised by The Echo Society.
Fees: The registration, booking fees and all other expenses relating to an event, payable by the participant to The Echo Society.
The Echo Society: Registered Address - 71–75 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9JQ.
Online Payment Process: The process of booking and payment for an event online through this website.
Terms and Conditions: The Terms and Conditions for an event and Fee payment for participants on an event. (this document).
• After booking an event, you will receive an email acknowledging that your payment has been received and processed. The contract between us will only be formed when you receive an acknowledgement and confirmation via email from the The Echo Society.
• In the case of an event that requires an intake process rather than registrations, the payment of any sums intended to be in respect of Fees by or on behalf of the participant does not in itself indicate the existence of a contract between The Echo Society and the Participant. In that case the contract shall only come into being when The Echo Society has issued notification of acceptance via email of the participant to an event.
• Payment of fees by a person or organisation other than the Participant does not constitute a contract for the provision of an event between such person or organisation and The Echo Society.
Fees and Payment.
• If you wish and you accept these Terms and Conditions, you (or a third party paying fees on your behalf) may pay the fees now, within this website, by following the payment. Through registering for an event applicants are deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions.
• It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that The Echo Society’s fees in respect of the event (as stated on the website and in other workshop publicity) and all other fees and expenses relating to the event (some of which may be subject to a separate agreement) are paid by the deadline notified. The Echo Society reserves the right to refuse a place to any Participant who has not paid all Fees in full before the event starts.
• Any information displayed during the Online Payment Process in respect of the amount of Fees due from the Participant is the definitive Fee at the time of booking.
• All payments must be made in GB Pounds Sterling. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in making the payment or in processing a refund shall be borne by the Participant or the third party making payment, and shall not be deductible from the Fees due to The Echo Society.
Cancellations and Refunds.
• Cancellations by you within fourteen days
• You have the right to cancel any contract for the provision of a place on an event at any time within fourteen days, beginning on the day you have received the acknowledgement email. In each case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for an event.
• If you choose to purchase and join an event that is due to commence within 14 days of purchase, you will waive cancellation and refund rights in respect of the purchase.
• Once the event has taken place or been completed, you do not have a right to cancel even if this is with fourteen days of the date of the contract.
To cancel a booking please inform us by email at: email@example.com.
Cancellation by you after fourteen days.
• If you cancel your place on an event at any time after expiry of the fourteen-day period you will not be entitled to a refund, except in exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of The Echo Society. In such circumstance that a refund is given an administration fee of 50% of your fee paid will be levied.
• In exceptional circumstance you may be able to transfer your place to a different event, subject to any administration fees. Registration fees already paid can be transferred to the new event, and any outstanding balance must be paid in full before the participant can be registered on the new event. • No refund will be given if the cost of the new event is less than the cost of the original event.
• To cancel a contract after fourteen days, or request a transfer to another event, please inform us by email to:
explaining your reason for requesting the cancellation, details of the event you are cancelling from and your booking reference.
Cancellation by us.
We will make all reasonable efforts to deliver an event as outlined on this website and in any brochure. However we reserve the right to:
• Make reasonable adjustment to the timetable, location or Speaker/Facilitator specified for an event; and make reasonable amendments to the content and syllabus of an event when necessary.
• We reserve the right to cancel any event by giving you notice via email at any time before the event is due to start. We will refund all fees paid by you and will endeavour to offer a transfer to another event as an alternative, subject to payment or refund of any difference in purchase price.
• The Echo Society maximum liability will be limited to a refund of received fees for the cancelled event. For partial cancellation of an event, such refunds will be made on a proportionate basis. The Echo Society will not accept liability for any costs or losses incurred by Participants or organisations which are claimed to have arisen through an event cancellation, other than for those stated here. You are strongly advised to take out insurance against cancellation of any event if your travel costs are likely to be substantial.
24 hour cancellation notice policy applies to all appointments. A full session’s fee will be charged for any missed or last minute cancellations.
For more details please refer to our counselling service web page by clicking here.
Current waiting list/s for individual counselling and support group/s.
Please check our counselling service web page for up-to-date information on our waiting list by clicking here.
Support/peer social groups have now finished.
Workshops, Conferences and Seminars.
Speaker/Facilitator line-ups may change due to unforeseen circumstances such as sudden illness, family emergencies, travel delays, etc. If these changes are made prior to an event, registrants will be notified via confirmation email, reminder email, and alerts on the webpage. If these changes are made last minute, during the event, an announcement will be made.
• Your place for an event, workshops, conferences or seminar may be transferred to another person at any time free of charge, as long as you let us know as soon as possible and you provide us with contact details for the substitute person so that we can send them booking and venue details.
• You may use your transfer to attend any support group within 12 months of the original day. If you transfer to a day in the next calendar year which has an increased price, you may need to pay the difference. We reserve the right to decline your request to transfer to a support group that is already or nearly full.
• If you later cancel a transferred place you are not eligible for a refund. You can instead opt to transfer for a second time. You cannot transfer a place more than twice.
Visual and/or audio recordings.
The organisers may take visual and/or audio recordings of Participants during an event and reserve the right to use these for promotional, management or campaigning/educative purposes (in the United Kingdom or overseas). Participants’ individual consent for this will be assumed to have been granted unless otherwise indicated by Participants, in writing or by email, prior to the start of an event.
We do our best to accommodate dietary needs such as gluten, dairy, and nut intolerances whenever possible at our events. Please notify us one month in advance of the event date. Our venues need adequate time to place orders with their distributors. Please note, although we do our best to accommodate dietary needs, some venues do not provide adequate options and do not allow us to bring in our own food and beverages. Unfortunately, even requests placed one month in advance cannot be guaranteed. You are welcome to bring in your own food and beverages to all of our event locations.
Certificates are provided for volunteers, counsellors attending the 3 months in-house training, Working with Narcissistic Abuse, a Psycho-educational approach towards recovery and mental health practitioners attending the one day training workshops, Recognising and Responding to adults impacted by Narcissistic Abuse.
Certificates are intended for continuing personal development purposes and are free of charge. Your name will appear exactly as provided during registration. Please double check your spelling and include your professional name. A £15.00 administration fee will apply for reprinted or posted certificates.
Donation Refund Policy.
We are grateful for your donation and support of The Echo Society. If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to our organisation please by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Automated Recurring Donation Cancellation.
Ongoing support is important to enabling our projects to continue their work, so we encourage donors to continue to contribute to projects over time. But if you must cancel your recurring donation, please notify us.
All payment details which are entered through our payment gateway are encrypted when the Participant, or third party making payment, enters them. This site is SSL secure and uses 128-bit encryption to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site.
The Echo Society shall not be liable for any failure by the Participant or third party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during the Online Payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the Online Payment Process.
Please refer to our full privacy notice for more details on how we protect your information.
Comments, Compliments, Complaints.
If you have any comments, compliments or complaints regarding your booking/payment, experience as a Participant, or other matters related to your experiences with The Echo Society, please complete our online service feedback form and a member of the team will be contact with you within 10 working days.
In the interests of all event participants, organisers/facilitators reserve the right to enforce the removal of any Participant from an event whose behaviour or demeanour is, in their view, considered unacceptable.
The Echo Society – Has a zero tolerance to any violent, threatening, intimidating and abusive behaviour, and refuse entry into future events at The Echo Society’s absolute discretion.
Review of this terms and conditions policy.
We may update this terms and conditions notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
If you have any question regarding our terms and conditions policy, please contact us by clicking here.