This workshop “UNDERSTANDING THE NARCISSISTS WEB OF DECEPTION”, is the basic foundation for a series of 1 day workshops to follow in 2016, held in Dublin and presented by: Christine Louis de Canonville B.A.Hons; MIACP; MTCI; MPNLP, CMH; CHyp. Author, psychotherapist, supervisor, and specialist in Narcissistic Victim Syndrome for over 25 years. The “new frontier” in terms of challenges for therapists to-day is to understand Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), and especially the effects of narcissistic abuse on the victims coming into the therapy room. Christine’s broad knowledge comes from her own personal journey of recovery, working with victims, and her post-grad studies in Criminology and Forensic Psychology. Her book,The Three Faces of Evil: Unmasking the Full Spectrum of Narcissistic Abuse, is a primer written for both therapists and victims, and covers the full spectrum of pathological narcissism (the Dark Triad), something every health professional should know.
In this workshop you will learn:
• How to recognise the difference between healthy narcissism and pathological narcissism.
• What attracts a narcissist to their prey?
• How to recognise pathological narcissistic behaviours early in a relationship.
• Why narcissists need victims as “narcissistic supply”?
• How the "Dark Triad" will help you understand the different levels of narcissistic behavior.
• The effects of narcissistic abuse on the victim.
• Understand the significant effects of being raised by and/or being in a close relationship with a narcissist (in the home, workplace, friendships, etc.).
• Why therapists need to understand narcissistic abuse.
• Plus much more....
Who is this workshop for:
This series of one day workshops have been designed for anyone dealing with the fallout of narcissistic abuse (i.e. counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, trainee counsellors, doctors, police, social workers, and victims, etc.). These workshops are suitable for anybody wishing to develop their knowledge and understanding of narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) and narcissistic victim abuse. The first workshop (4th December 2015) is the basic workshop on which all the other workshops are built upon for understanding the effects of this form of abuse on the victim, so it is important to do this workshop first. It will concentrate on giving a broad overview of the pathological patterns of abuse that narcissistic perpetrators (both male and female) act out on unsuspecting victims. This information is important, as it is pertinent in understanding all the other workshops that looks specifically at the victim.
WHERE & WHEN IS THE WORKSHOP?
Workshop date: Friday 27th May, 2016
Venue: Avila Carmelite Centre, Bloomfield Avenue, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
Lunch Included In Price